This is the same post from last year; however, I have to honor this day every year so refresh your memory and read on- it’s Audrey Hepburn’s birthday and National Star Wars Day! And on top of that, it’s my 2 and a half year wedding anniversary! This makes it extra special for my husband and me– he’s a die hard Star Wars fan and I’m a die hard Audrey fan. And if you’re wondering why May 4th is National Star Wars Day, then… May the Force Be With You!
What are you favorites about Star Wars and Audrey?
Favorite Star Wars movie: Tied with The Empire Strikes Back and The Force Awakens
Favorite Star Wars character: Darth Vader and Yoda
Favorite Audrey Hepburn movies: Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Sabrina and How to Steal A Million
Favorite Things About Audrey: Little Black Dress muse, Tiffany & Co.’s face, humanitarian, eyes/voice, her waist, her simplicity
10 Random Star Wars Facts You May Not Have Known:
1. Harrison Ford was cast as Han Solo by accident.
2. Orson Welles was originally going to play Darth Vader
3. Originally, theater’s didn’t want to show the movie.
4. Yoda originally had a first name- Buffy.
5. Some Star Wars movie titles were kept secret till the release.
6. Steven Spielberg was supposed to direct Return of the Jedi.
7. The same person who did voice of Yoda did it for Miss Piggy.
8. Luke Skywalker was originally going to be named Luke Starkiller.
9. The word “ewok” is never said out loud in any of the movies.
10. Darth Vader meets the diagnostic criteria for Borderline Personality Disorder.
10 Random Audrey Hepburn Facts You May Not Have Known:
1. She was an introvert and was deathly afraid of water.
2. Her favorite color was cyan.
3. She was a dental assistant before her first big break- “Gigi.”
4. She was a nurse in WWII & ate tulip bulbs to not starve to death.
5. Givenchy was her personal stylist & invented the “Little Black Dress” because of her.
6. She always preferred wearing flats & never wore a watch.
7. She had a pet deer named Pippin.
8. She had 3 flowers named after her (Tulip, Daylily & Rose) and a perfume (L’Interdit).
9. She was highly involved with UNICEF & she never thought she was beautiful.
10. Disney princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) was modeled after Audrey Hepburn.