My new obsession is with farro and barley. It is so much thicker and more delicious than quinoa! This brussel sprouts recipe is to die for and super quick!
Servings ~2, Calories ~450/serving
2 cups farro
2 cups barley
Spinach or kale
Peanuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or soynuts
Salt, pepper and spices to taste
1. Heat up olive oil with garlic and sautee brussel sprouts or put them in the oven for 20 minutes with olive oil and salt for a more crispy texture.
2. Boil farro and barley in a separate pot until soft and drain water.
3. Add spinach or kale with spices to the brussel sprouts and let simmer
4. Combine farro, barley and brussel sprout mixture in a big bowl and add olive oil, salt, pepper and spices to taste.
5. Top with peanuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or soynuts.
Need a pan?