Sweet potato gnocchi is a healthy way to eat pasta! Making it fresh at home is definitely the way to go! I first tried it when my sister made it for me and fell in love instantly.
Serves: 6, Calories: ~250 calories/serving
One 1 pound sweet potato
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 1/4 cup flour (I find coconut flour is the best)
Pinch of salt
Optional: cooked broccoli, sage leaves or steamed kale or spinach
1. Peel the sweet potato(s). Cook the sweet potato(s) in the over for about 45 minutes or cover in a wet paper towel and heat on high in the microwave for about 7-10 minutes.
2. Mash the sweet potato in a bowl and mix with ricotta and parmesan cheeses as well as salt. Add the flour 0.5 cup at a time slowly and mix thoroughly until smooth.
3. Take the dough ball and place on a surface and roll out until there is a long and skinny roll. Cut the gnocchi into 1 inch segments.
4. Boil the gnocchi and drain the water. In a separate pan, add some butter and cook the gnocchi until golden-brown. At this point you may add any of the optional vegetables.
5. Now add the cream and parmesan cheese along with a bit of olive oil. Add salt, pepper and other spices to taste.