A friend sent me this recipe a while back and as I am obsessed with oats- I had to blog about it! You can make it with chocolate chips or substitute it with any other type of cookie that is your favorite. It can even be used as a healthy breakfast or snack! So the next time your kids are bugging you to make cookies- secretly make this healthiest cookie recipe:
Servings: 15-20, ~100-150 calories per serving
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 LARGE organic egg (Organic egg= more moisture)
4 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cup oat flour (regular or quick oats blended- measure after blending)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or whatever else you are using
1. Combine vanilla extract, egg and brown sugar in a bowl. Add melted coconut oil slightly cooled and mix.
2. Slowly stir in the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon (optional) and salt.
3. Fold in chocolate chips. Chill dough for 1-2 hours.
4. After the dough is cooled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Use a cookie or ice cream scoop to place balls of the dough on the cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper). Be sure to make the scoops tight so the dough does not crumble.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly brown.
7. Remove and LET COOL for 5 minutes before removing (very important to let them cool)!