These healthy PB&J oatmeal cookies have been a hit with my husband, Jibin, ever since my sister, Sweeti, gave me the recipe over a year ago. They taste amazing- they’re extremely soft and chewy and only require 4 ingredients! They are great for a snack or even for breakfast. And the best part- 2 cookies are less than 100 calories and the oats and bananas are filled with fiber which keep you full for a long time! As a kid growing up, I never went to school without a PB&J in my lunch!
Servings: 8 cookies (1 serving is 2 cookies)
1 serving: Cals: 91, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 15g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 2.5g,Sugar:5g
1. Preheat over to 350. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, mix together mashed bananas and peanut butter while adding the oats gradually to the mixture.
3. Keep mixing until thoroughly combined.
4. Place batter on cooking sheet in cookie shapes and make a small indent with the back of a spoon on each.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and add 1/4 tsp jelly on top of each cookie at the indent.
This is a great treat for anyone who is a PB&J kid at heart! During my pharmacy residency in Columbus, GA I would never go a day without my PB&J so at the end of the year, the residents got me this shirt:
Cheers to all of the PB&J kids and adults!